Great Resources for Authors
Posted by Elizabeth Delana Rosa
I’m adding this as a blog post then I’m saving it as a page. Social Media is invaluable for the Indie Author. It is a great place not just to promote but to make connections. One word of caution don’t over promote or you will lose the followers you have.
1) Facebook – there’s a whole contingency of authors, artists, editors, publishers and readers waiting to connect with you.
3) Authors DB – Showcases both authors and author services. It’s a great resource to find Editors, Cover Artists, even Web Designers
4) Twitter – Hashtags can help people find your book easier. It’s also a good way to follow the publishing industry and what’s hot in the presses.
5) Linkin – Professional Site to showcase an online resume and have people endorse your skills. I use it only to show my past/current web designs and covers, but you can use it to show your other job skills not just author stuff.
6) Pinterest– Showcase Author Photos, Fun Pictures, Recipes and Cover Art. Anything in a Picture.
7) Google Plus– Great place to connect with the world, whether author or not.
8) StumbleUpon– Great network to post any interests.